You might have come across this frightening fact on plastic pollution which says “One million seabirds and 100,000 marine mammals die each year from plastic pollution in our oceans.” This is a big problem. Yes, plastics are changing our ecosystems, and it is high time that you start contributing to the planet.
Making an informed decision while shopping can really make a difference to yourself and the environment. It is very simple, you just need to try to replace as many plastic products as possible in your lifestyle.
By shifting to eco-friendly products you are practically contributing to sustainability in the environment. Here is how you can make an impact by shifting your choices to the following eco-friendly products.
- Eco-friendly clothing – Choose clothes from brands which care for the environment. Surprisingly there are many new start-ups who make clothes using sustainable dyes and clothes from waste plastic fibres.
- Wool shoes – There are a lot of synthetic footwear available on the market today. They pollute the environment and cause serious damage to fauna. Prefer footwear made of wool fabric which looks elegant and made from natural material.
- Reusable water bottles – A study suggests that in the USA alone around 35 billion plastic bottles end in landfills. Try to avoid plastic bottles and shift to stainless steel drink bottles. The steel bottles are free from BPA which is a harmful chemical released by use of plastic bottles.
- Coffee Cups – In offices, restaurants and tea shops please avoid coffee cups. Prefer reusable cups or carry one with you. Eliminating plastic cups will ensure waste piling up at landfills.
- Recycled Toilet paper – Preferring recycled toilet issues can indirectly reduce the environmental footprint and save water, trees and in fact, reduce a huge amount of carbon emissions.
Please don’t forget to spread this information to your family and friends. The more people you share and convince, the better the environment becomes and this is how we can change the world.
Image Source: Mastyle